Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally!!! My nominations for Best Of...

... I was busy ... life is crazy ... um... OK, I was involved in other things and just didn't get to this yet!  BUT, I have the advantage of using some of the latest blog posts to choose from!


We were asked to cruise through our classmates' blogs and choose the best ones that exemplified the things we have learned this semester.  WOW!!  What a wonderful bunch of blogs I got to read!  And how difficult it has been to choose the best!  I must admit, that eventually, I simply stopped reading, because I had filled my categories, and simply didn't want to be any later in getting this particular blog post completed!  Besides, if I continued, I would be horribly pressed to choose from among the gazillions of wonderful, fantastic, and amazing posts that my fellow students have posted!


So, without further ado ...



1.  Historical Content
    • Themes
Andrew’s blog about Millennials – connected to YouTube, Forum speaker & his blog, and invoked commentary in directions I didn’t expect
    • Events
Danny’s blog about Hanford and the Digital Age – because he lived there, he has a better understanding of the impacts of that particular situation
    • People
Clint’s blog about Gahndi – linked to our own US history – however, the video is a dead link 
o    Works
Erin’s blog about lasers

2.  Computing Content
    • Computing Concepts
Kristen’s blog about Game Theory, the Law of Consecration, & interviewing Norbu – an interesting connection!
    • Digital Culture
Morgan’s blog about digital life – I especially love the image she used about web developers vs. web designers!
Danny’s blog about cell phones possibly replacing our wallets – he brought up several points that were great – and brought in several comments as well that had interesting thoughts – a continuation of earlier in-class discussions
    • Digital Literacy Lab
Andrew’s blog about Noteflight – and included his composition (written on his mission)

3.  Self-Directed Learning
    • Consume
Erin’s blog about self-learning – she has pointed herself in several ways including MIT courseware & other blogs.  She feels herself still on “training wheels”, but heading toward independence
Morgan’s blog about connecting between a book, the topic of part of it, flying, and skydiving
JakyDigiCiv’s blog about exploring various topics
    • Create
Clint’s blog about photoscape with examples of his “photoshoping”
    • Connect
Kristina’s blog about Facebookism – I like her link to the other blog, and her comment on it

No comments:

Post a Comment