Years ago, my husband had some single friends at work who had no family in the area. We adopted any who wanted a family meal occasionally & fed them often. We quickly learned which guys to serve last so everyone could have some food! Therefore, I have my family "trained" to know how much of a recipe they can have!!
Freezer Meals
When I cook, each recipe serves between 4 to 6 servings, yet there are only 3 of us at home these days; and since I don't want to gain weight by eating everything in the cooking pot, I pull the extra serving out before bringing on the hungry hoard! Also, especially if there is a meat involved, I cut the food into bite-size pieces, eliminating the balance while you are cutting thing - all they need is a fork.
I have a stash of Rubbermaid lunch boxes, & put an entire meal into one. Often, my family tells me that it is too much, so I don't worry about starving anyone! Each meal gets the meat, starch (potatoes or rice), vegetables, and whatever sauce, gravy, dip, toppings, or whatever. They get labeled and put on their own shelf in the freezer - available for whomever wants a quick meal.
Since they are frozen, they can be taken in a backpack to school or work & not worried about refrigerating. By the time it is lunchtime, the meal MIGHT be slightly defrosted - regardless, all you need is a microwave for a few minutes. Walla! A delicious, homemade, full-of-love-from-Mom meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment