It's like a cramp in the muscles behind my eyes - the ones that control the focus - and I can't see anything well, even with my glasses on! I asked my eye doctor about it, & he told me the muscle cramp theory. 
Sometimes, I can get it to settle down by exercising my eye muscles. The most fun exercise is rolling my eyes - that works best if my kids are watching! lol!!

Massaging my eyes (like a too-tired little kid) helps too, or even looking through a Magic Eye book is a fun way to help my eyes!

Sometimes, focusing my eyes on a distant view will do a lot to calm the fuzziness, too
But the best solution I have ever found is to lie down and sleep. Zach Dastrup wrote about sleeping in his blog, mentioning that "if you can sleep well things are probably going well in your life." I find that if I can sleep well, it is a combination of many things in my day.
If all is well, I drop right off to sleep; but if I am too awake, my brain starts working when my body is trying to sleep. In this time of the evening, I may be frustrated because of how tired I am & not sleeping, however, I also find that I get a lot done at that time of night! Lessons are planned, conversations are gone through, repentance for those conversations are sometimes realized, a month of meals planned & grocery list made, house designed, letters written, fingernails painted............. and the list goes on.... I get thinking about something & am afraid I will forget it by the morning, but if I write it down, I know I'll remember!
If it gets really desperate, I get out the essential oils! Lavender, long recognized for its calming properties, is really good. I have also found that DigestZen, blended to balance the digestive system, will shut me down! The thing I like best about essential oils that help me sleep is that I wake up feeling like I rested, instead of close, but not quite what I was needing!
As for my fuzzy eyes, I have to plan well the time I spend on activities that I know will cause it. That gets back to prioritizing my activities, choosing how I use my computer & phone (homework or facebook?!),
and reading out of the best books!
... so what is your priority?!
and reading out of the best books!
... so what is your priority?!

No comments:
Post a Comment