Today, our group had a remote meeting - well, I was remote, anyway! Because of the timing when everyone could meet, I met with the rest of the group via Skype. As we plan and work together on our group presentation, I believe that Skype meetings will become the norm - we all have such different schedules that meeting at anytime other than during class will be next to impossible!

As I prepared for our Skype call, I found myself looking at the background of my office - how much stuff can they see?
How much do I need to clean or fix - or can I simply move the camera so they can't see the pile of sewing stacked up behind me?!?!
We were able to share files with no problem, but seeing and hearing everyone was somewhat difficult at times. However, we were able to work it out and have a successful and effective meeting.What about you - what have you needed to do to look good for an online interview or meeting?
Skyping can be a hassle, but if planned out and prepared for, it can go smoothly. I like the graphic of the room, because that's how i feel it is lots of times. Granted there are going to be things happen, but if people take some time to do some checks before and actually prepare you can a good experience every time I feel.
ReplyDelete