In our class last week, one of the things we talked about is the future of computers - voice recognition, thinking, emotions, etc. The teachers showed a clip from 2001: A Space Odyssey. I kept thinking that a better form of the reality vs the currently-fiction of the movies is Star Trek's Scotty working at a computer in the movie "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home":
Scotty at the Computer
Wouldn't it be great to have the future here now?! wait!! It is!! I remember, not too long ago (to me, anyway), colleges and universities offered a class called "Star Trek Science" where they talked about amazing new technology like laptop computers & cell phones! We ARE living in the future! Cool!!
Yes, the future is now and we only have ourselves to blame for not adapting to take advantage of it. "Argue your limitations and they are yours." Richard Bach
ReplyDeleteLol! I went back & re-watched the link I had put in this blog post, & realized that it was in German! I didn't listen to the video when I found it - just watched it, since I knew what they said - that'll teach me!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, its fixed now!