Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Picasa my pictures

Since my mother is coming to visit and expects me to teach her how to use Picasa, I decided to "kill two birds with one stone" and do a Create Lab too!

I have several pictures of just me that I had gathered for another project my Mom was doing, so I used those to make a collage of pictures, which Picasa can save as one .jpg
And I used the same pictures to make a slideshow movie, complete with music.  Notice that as the pictures flow though, they are in age order, but each picture has a different underlaying "pile" of pictures under it.  I moved the pictures around after Picasa automatically sorted them in some mysterious way.

I can certainly see the possibilities that Picasa could be used for, if you like that sort of stuff.  But for much more than goofing off with my kids' pictures, I don't know how much I would use it.

Having said all that, I can see some interesting uses for it, as it sorts things differently than Windows Explorer does.  However, it will take some getting used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment