This recipe always makes a great meal!
Pork Chops with Pears
Updated recipe - combined from a couple different sources
The recipe is great for a bit of a sweet meal while filling all the needed nutritional needs.
I like to serve it with some green veggies - broccoli, green beans, peas, or a salad.
Also, serve it with some potatoes - mashed is great, as you end up with some yummy "gravy" while cooking the chops. However, some oven fries is great, too. (Note: When I make potatoes, I never peel them - I have found that the peelings give the potatoes a great flavor!)
To make mashed potatoes, scrub the potatoes thoroughly & cut them into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces & boil in water until soft (about 15 minutes). Drain, then mash while adding butter, milk, salt, pepper, and either sour cream or cream cheese.
To make oven fries, scrub the potatoes thoroughly, & cut them into 1/8ths, then mix with a splash of olive oil, and a sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, Italian spices, and whatever else sounds good. Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes, or until you can pierce it easily with a fork.

No comments:
Post a Comment